Practical Steps of Sustaining the “Next” Move of God
So let us talk about the practical steps of sustaining a Move of God through a maintaining a Spirit of Unity. To Sustain the next Move of God we must be mindful of the word of God. The word of God is clear on the treatment of people.
Hebrews 13 says
- Let Brotherly Love Continue,
- Show hospitality to strangers,
- remember those in jail and
- those who are mistreated.
- Let marriage be held in honor and the marriage bed be undefiled.
- Allow no place sexually immoral or adultery.
- Keep your life free from the love of money
- and be content with what you have.
- Remember your leaders
- and imitate their ways and their faith.
- Don’t be led astray by diverse and strange teachings.
- Don’t neglect to do good.
- Share what you have.
- Obey your leaders and submit to them.
- Pray for your overseers especially those who give wisdom, insight, and direction.
I don’t know about you but I love list especially list that are clear and to the point. List I don’t have to have a bible degree to understand. If we the people of God would be mindful of these 15 things I believe we can sustain whatever God gives to us. We can not keep a spirit of Unity within our bodies without treating people like this.
- If we would truly love the people around us God can trust us with more influence in people’s lives.
- If we would host more strangers we will have the opportunity to give more of the Kingdom of God away to people we don’t know.
- If we will remember those in jail we can touch those who are in the most desperate situations
- if we would remember those who are mistreated this will keep our hearts directed to those God loves and desires
- if we would honor marriage and the marriage bed we will be about to build healthy communities and legacies
- If we would have no place for sexual immorality or adultery we will be able to be free from shame and a lack of intimacy
- If we would keep our lives free from the love of money we will be able to truly serve people and not see them as a means to get more money or influence
- If we would be content with what we have our lives would truly know what it means to be happy
- If we would remember our leaders we would have a greater atmosphere of honor for all around us
- If we would imitate their ways and their faith we would have a greater atmosphere of leadership development
- If we would stay away from diverse and strange teachings we can keep atmosphere sound understandings
- if we would not neglect to do good an atmosphere of good will be natural within our body
- If we would share what we had than everyone in our environments would be taken care of by the body
- If we would obey our leaders and submit to them our leadership would last longer and not burn out every year
- if we would pray for our overseers they will be able to call us forward farther than we have ever been.
See how this works? If we would follow this simple list the next move of God would be able to be sustained longer, deeper, and farther than it has ever gone. A spirit of Unity would be destroyed if we do not know how to treat each other within the body of Christ.
Colossians 3:14 says Put on…
- Compassionate hearts
- Bearing with one another
- Above all of thees put on love which binds everything in perfect harmony
- Let the peace of Christ rule our hearts, to which indeed you were called to One Body
- Be Thankful
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
- Teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom
- singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs
- with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
- In all we do, in word and deed, do everything in the name of Jesus giving thanks to God the Father through Him
Ephesians 4:32 says
- Be kind to one another
- Forgiving one another
The amazing thing about God is he has given us ways to sustain what he has given us. As God expands your influence and brings more and more people into our environments let us remember these list. Let us remember that sustaining the move of God is more about the treatment of his people than the management of resources. Let us remember that God will give us more if we are able to sustain it.
Have you seen these principles in your own life? How has the treatment of people for good or worse effected your influence?